April 25, 2010

Productive Day!

Such a LOVELY pile of scraps…DSC_1045

 

This is what the quilt looks like as of now…I need to go to Joann’s tomorrow to get thread to appliqué the circles.DSC_1050

I am doing my quilt just a little different than Natalia did hers. I am adding 1/2 circles to the 1/2 blocks on the outer edge. I Liked the way it looked and I wanted to use ALL the charm squares. I still have to finish cutting out petals for some of the blocks, but that won’t take long. I will probably get that done before I head to bed.

This quilt is really fun to make. It is coming along nicely. The most difficult thing was cutting out all the circles, which wasn’t hard at all just took time with all the starching and cutting (I used Natalia’s starch appliqué tutorial—LOVED IT by the way). I probably could have gotten them done faster, but I wasn’t in a BIG hurry.

EDITED:

I have all the petals cut out. I decided to add pedals to ALL the blocks that used a solid print. Natalia only did a few of them. I didn’t want my quilt to be EXACTLY the same. Plus I am leaving off the appliqué words at the bottom too.

I got a lot done so I am heading to bed…will work on it some more tomorrow after the trip to Joann’s.

Photobucket

9 comments:

sunny said...

Wow - how did you do that? I've been working all day on just one row for a BOM mystery, and you've got almost an entire top pieced? Way to go!

Pat said...

That quilt is really going to be something. I love the various fabrics. I can hardly wait until you get it done now, Rene. Happy Quilting!

Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amy and the bad cats said...

oh my gosh! i love this!

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Rene, I love what you are doing! I really like the half cirlces that you are adding to the outer blocks. I thought about doing that but for some reason ended up not. I can't wait to see it finished! I am so honored that you like it as much as I do!! :)

Moneik said...

I just love how this is turning out! It's super cute and the Frolic line is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Wondering how you are going to quilt this one. I can't wait to chat with you later on tonight!
CJ

AllieKatMom said...

Holy (insert word here)! You are kicking butt this month girl! Of course I am SOOO happy you chose to do this quilt! It is so fricken cute! I can't wait to see it all done!

Michelle said...

OH, that looks good!

Post a Comment