October 2, 2009

Help Please…

I am needing some help. I am relatively new to quilting. I have created some things but they were all created strictly following a pattern. I am needing to create some 9-1/2 square inch blocks (unfinished) for Terry’s quilt. I am at a blank…I could really use some ideas or help…PLEASE! I am trying to figure out my block(s) and decide on fabric so I will be ready to get them pieced as soon as my sewing machine gets here next week. I think the deadline to have the blocks turned in is Oct 28th.

3 comments:

MJE said...

The simplest block I can think of is a 9 patch.
Cut your strips 3 1/2" and sew together 3 strips of different color with a 1/4" seam. Sub cut strips 3 1/2" across the 3 sewn strips. When you sew 3 sub cut strips together, you will have a 9 1/2 unfinished block.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Check out my blog. I had a link there in my post today. I think it is Connecting Threads that has free 9 inch block platterns.

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Post a Comment