October 13, 2009

My Block For Terry’s Quilt-Almost Done

I was able to work on my block for Terry’s Quilt this morning. I wanted to go to the quilt store to pick out special fabric to work with, but with everything that has been going on here I just wasn’t able to. I did however find some fabric in my stash from another project that I was working on before the move. I had no idea what kind of block I was going to do. I have always followed patterns. I have never done a project from my imagination.  So this morning when I got out my sewing machine and fabric I had no idea what the block was going to look like finished. The leftover fabric pieces were already cut into 2-1/2 x WOF strips. I just went from there and cut out a center block from some muslin I had bought to practice quilt work. Here is what I came up with. I think I like the way it turned out.
This is the fabric I had to work with…
DSC_1346
Here are the pieces I cut from the above fabric and muslin…
DSC_1347
Here is the block layout…
DSC_1348
Here is the block sewn together…
DSC_1351
Now all I have to do is appliqué the heart and send it off!

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh very sweet! I need to get mine done too ;-)

West Michigan Quilter said...

How cute. It will look so nice with all the other blocks that I saw on Flicker.

~Laurie~ said...

GORGEOUS!!!! Can't wait to see it in person :)
laurie

Little Lady Patchwork said...

I love it! She will be reminded of all of the love that went into her quilts!

BTW-My block is done and I will post pics soon.

Good luck with the unpacking! I've been there too many time!

Post a Comment