June 23, 2010

DSQ9—Ready for hand work.

I worked on my DQS9 quilt this evening while hubby and the kids watched baseball. I got all the petals sewn down and ready for sewing. I am so happy with the way it has turned out. When I am finished with this one I am going to make one for me and maybe even one for a dear blog friend who makes my online world so fun…It would make a great Christmas present for her I think ;)

DSC_0127

I didn’t like how 2 of the bottom petals were placed (light and dark grays…didn’t flow right) so I switched them and I am much happier…don’t have a picture of that though…hubby is already in bed.

Now that I don’t have to worry about how this is going to turn out I can work on my Sew 2 Speak Bee blocks.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Kim said...

That's going to be one pretty quilt.

Suburban Stitcher said...

That is awesome! Fantastic job :)

AllieKatMom said...

Ohhhh that looks great! I love how you sorted them by color too....perty

Pat said...

Rene, That sure is beautiful. Will be so nice when it's finished.
Happy Quilting!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your quilt looks beautiful. Did you use that Wash Away for the applique? I think I read about it someplace and wonder what people think about it.

Tracey Jacobsen said...

it's so cute.

Post a Comment