April 24, 2010

Two More Down!

I am officially finished with the Recess (mother’s day for Nanny) Quilt and the B-day (for hubby) Quilt. I don’t have them labeled, but I am still trying to decide how I want to do that and what I want them to say. Anyway, here they are…   

 

DSC_1032

 

DSC_1033

 

Not exactly the best pics, but I don’t have many places to hang them to get good outside pics…plan on practicing to get better ones.

I am so happy with the way the quilting turned out on hubby’s quilt. It was my second time to stipple. For those of you who have been reading my blog will probably remember my 1st attempt to stipple (the valentine quilt). The machine ended up getting put in the shop for several weeks :( While it was there they tuned several things, and also upgraded my BSR foot to a heavier spring and washer…WOW is all I can say. NO MORE skipped stitches. I worked beautifully! I was able to keep my stippling uniform this time to :) I can not wait to give this to hubby!

I am just as pleased with the way the Recess quilt turned out. I love the way I chose to quilt it. I really think my Nanny is going to LOVE it!

Photobucket

1 comments:

amy and the bad cats said...

see, the red binding looked great after all!

Post a Comment