January 27, 2010

Do you ever…

feel like the quilting gods are against you??? I swear if it could go wrong, it has gone wrong while making this Valentine quilt! First the interruptions, then the seams not matching up just right, and now the Starch can is broke! I just dropped it. In fact I have dropped 2 brand new starch cans in as many days! UGGG…I am beginning to think that this quilt is just not meant to be!

By the way, I decided not to rip out all those squares and redo them so the seams would match up. I am stretching and making it work! There is NO WAY I am ripping all those squares out…Not sure what I did wrong, but I tell you I sure was consistent at it. They are off in the exact same places in each strip. If it were not so frustrating it might be funny.

Well I am off to buy yet another can of starch…maybe I will actually get to use this one. I know starch isn’t all that expensive but when you only get a few sprays from each can it starts adding up!

1 comments:

Pat said...

Rene, It'll all work out okay. Who's going to notice any boo boo's with all those pretty colors flowing through your quilt anyway. We all have those days for sure. I have a lot of them. It's like no matter how hard you try, it still doesn't seem to work. I still think that is going to be a very pretty quilt when you get done, and I knw you've worked so hard on it. There is only so much you can do to a quilt, then call it a day. I just hope you don't do as I do when I just go get one item, and end up with ?........LOL Maybe geting away from it for awhile, like getting the startch, will help; and you'll be able to finish it in no time. We may no our little mistakes, but others may not. Have fun quilting Rene, and this will work out fine in the end. Oh! Oh! I see another quilt coming in the horizon! Good luck dear.

Post a Comment