December 2, 2008

Wonderful Times

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. We decided NOT to cook this year, instead we went out to eat. The meal was ok, but not having to clean up was the best! I have to say, I missed the "family" stuffing and all the fixings. After we returned home (with extended family that was visiting) I volunteered to do it all next year!

We had a nice visit with the family. We played games and looked through all the Black Friday fliers with the kids. My sister-in-law got up at 3 in the morning and went shopping. I had most of my shopping finished, but my middle son and her daughter wanted laptops and I enjoy a good deal! We found a pretty good buy at Office Depot. It wasn't the best deal out there, but I am not a crowd person and believe me ALL the stores were crowded. We talked to people who slept out side of stores to get the "item" they wanted! Can you believe that?? We went to Walmart and quickly turned around. I have never seen such craze in the eyes of people before. It was so crowded that you couldn't even walk! No thank you, not even to save money.

I hope everyone had a great Holiday and were able to spend it with loved ones. Only 23 days and we get to do it all again!

4 comments:

Daniel's Mom said...

Sounds like a wonderful! My SIL and I went out that afternoon,but not Friday morning ha!

Hope said...

Hello Renee,

It is pleasant to read your post. I have not gotten to know you yet. I am enjoying learning about all the women from the Biblical Submission study. It is wonderfully encouraging to have found women with like interests and to read their posts.

I love Thanksgiving Day, even all the work. I especially like the leftovers. I try to make enough of everything for no cooking on the day after. I especially like my Sausage-Cracker Stuffing recipe (I think I found it in a Time Life Christmas book); it makes a wonderful breakfast with coffee (if you like coffee). I think I will post it for those who might like it for Christmas.

We are not big on shopping and keep Christmas quite simple…if we get something, we get it, if we don’t, we don’t. I really do NOT like shopping.

Ernestine :)

JesusRulzMe said...

Hey there sweet sister Renee,

I'm with our sister Ernestine, I really, really HATE shopping and avoid black Fridays like the black plague. Did you know that a WalMart employee in my town got killed b/c he was trampled to death by shoppers when he opened the doors?

It's a good thing we have Jesus and don't have to trample over other people only to gain some temporary worldly things. Don't you agree?

Love you dear sister,
Sunny

Hope said...

yes,my heart is completely broken over the young Wal-Mart employee. I cry for him and can only hope he knew the Lord. It makes me think that much more how I need to be sharing God’s salvation with others. God, please use us mightily, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Post a Comment