January 1, 2010

The 1st Day of 2010

This is how I spent the later part of my day…
stacking neat little piles of NEPTUNE for my newest quilting adventure. Each one of these stacks will make 2 blocks. This is the last of my NEPTUNE :( I am going to be so sad when I sew the last piece. I just love this fabric, but I will have another pretty quilt when it is over :)
 DSC_0604 DSC_0605 DSC_0606 DSC_0607
This is only half the block.
DSC_0609 
I am using the tutorial form here…
http://sometimescrafter.blogspot.com/2009/08/tutorial-paper-piecing-block.html
and the template from here…
http://piecebynumber.com/pastbom/colorwheelpatt.htm
I can not believe how much I like to paper piece. Yesterday was the 1st time I tried it and now I am hooked! Thanks for helping me get out of my quilting shell Donna :) I think you have created a MONSTER! LOL
This one is going to be one that will take a while to finish. I am sure after a while it will go a little faster. I plan on making 16 blocks,add white sashing around the blocks and a coordinating binding to complete the quilt.

2 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

Looks like it's going to be a great project! I got some Neptune a few months ago for a project that I haven't started yet...and seeing all of yours makes me really anxious to get it going! Love it!

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

I can't wait to see it finished! It looks so cute! I love Neptune too! :)

Post a Comment