August 17, 2010

EQ and a little PURE

I have been wanting to do a stack and whack type cross quilt for a while now but haven’t quite figured out what fabrics I wanted to use. Well today I was playing around in EQ6 and imported several of the new MODA fabric swatches. This is what I came up with…

Pure Corss Quilt

I love the browns and blues in the PURE line, and with all the guys in my house I could use a more masculine colored quilt…of course it probably wouldn’t turn out exactly the same as this one, but it would be similar. I would want to make sure the colors are spread out a little better in the real quilt.

I have a charm pack that I would try to incorporate into the quilt. So it might have a few squares here and there with 2-4 small crosses. Then I could use what was left for the back. I would use 2 Layer Cakes for this project that I haven’t ordered yet. Wanted some opinions before I did…so what do you think??? Yes? No?

Photobucket

13 comments:

Pat said...

I agree with you, Rene. I love the browns and blues in the pure line. Great choice. I'am sure it will be a great quilt.
Happy Qulting!

calicodaisy said...

Gorgeous!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

I think I want an EQ (wait... I know I do). ;)

Love the pure and I love this look... BUT -- if it was me, I'd throw in a few coordinating solids too. I've got a Kona Color card if you want me to tell you which ones match (I've got some Pure on hand too). :)

CJ said...

Looks good. Good thinking on using the EQ to figure out how it would look.

Michelle said...

That looks great! I haven't paid much attention to Pure but thanks to you, I'll be taking another look.

Cindy said...

I love the PURE line too. The browns and blues go so well together.

I just received two charm packs of PURE and now I like it even more.

Kelly said...

I dig it! Go for it!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Great line--love the colors!!!
But I want that "stash" you got in the mail the other day--wow--how delightful!!!!
Hugs, Di

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Yes...Yes...Yes! It is so hard to find a quilt pattern & fabric that is not "too girly". This one is perfect.

Can't wait to see it,
Stefanie

Angela said...

I love to see other people playing with EQ. I just got EQ7 for my birthday this summer and I'm excited every time I get a chance to use it. But I definitely need to add more fabrics! I haven't branched out to the EQ website much yet but I think that they have a lot to offer there.

Terry said...

It looks good Rene! That line of fabric is just so calm and relaxing! Have fun! :0)

AllieKatMom said...

Loooove it!

amy and the bad cats said...

looks good, but i agree with a commentor above that you should mix some solids in as well. great for the guys in your house!

Post a Comment