July 31, 2010

Disappointment, Surprises, & Progress

I got an email last night form the Lady I was purchasing the quilt frame from. She informed me that she was returning my money because she offered it to someone else for more money…I hate people like that! At least I got my money back. Hubby wasn’t to happy about it either. We had already made arrangements to pick it up and he had rearranged his schedule to do so.

On a brighter note, he woke me up this morning and told me to get ready. He drove me to my LQS and bought me a brand new frame and said this is what we should have done in the first place! I love that man :) He is VERY good to me, better than I deserve!

The quilt frame is on backorder and will get here mid August. Bernina is making a few improvements to them. I can’t wait to get it!

Yesterday I worked on my Crazy Mom Quilt Along quilt. I will probably finish it up this weekend even though she hasn't posted the rest of the instructions. I studied the layout and know how to complete it. Here is what I have so far…

DSC_0172

I have a white row that goes all the way around and another set that goes all the way around. Then there will be 2 more sets for the top and 2 more set for the bottom. I think I will back it with a sheet from Target (if the color matches). Not sure if I will have any squares left over. If I do I will probably piece them into the back or make a mini quilt with them.

Photobucket

11 comments:

gale said...

That is so frustrating-I hate when people do that too! Thank goodness your hubby came to your rescue-what a great guy! Love the quilt along quilt.

AllieKatMom said...

You are way too spoiled!!! You better let me use it! lol
If you still wanna make a day trip to kick some butt we can do that :) lol

Tracey Jacobsen said...

How freaking exciting! All it took was that lady being a real jerk huh... I wonder how I could swing something like that... ;)

Great quilt. Love it. :)

Kelly said...

Give you hubby a big smooch (I would say it's from me, but that's kinda weird)! That was so sweet!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

People can be "weird" that is for sure--but Hubby came through and now it will mean even more to you!! Love your quilt---it is just beautiful!!!
and I love the two Christmas blocks from Kelly in the previous post---can you tell me what size blocks they are???? I won 2 layer cakes of the "12" DAYS of Christmas and am looking for a pattern to show off the pretty fabrics and that one looks good!!!
Hugs, Di

Anonymous said...

That was wrong of the gal to do that but she COULD have asked you first if you wanted to pay more for it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. But sooooo nice of your hubby to buy you the other one..WTH that it is on backorder though. That is frustrating. I can't wait to hear all about it. The quilt looks lovely. :)

CJ

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Love your quilt!

So what kind of frame are you getting? Is it for a long arm?

Anyway, congrats on your quilt your new prize!
Stefanie

Crystal Hendrix said...

Yeah you get a new frame!!! So is this a long arm frame and a machine to go with it?? AWESOME!!! Your hubby does sound like he treats you like a princess! You deserve it!!

Pat said...

Things always have a way of working out. Nice and caring hubby you have my dear. Your quilt is simply lovely.
Happy Quilting!

Sparky said...

Your quilt is simply "outstanding" I love the simplicity of it and yet it has so much character...like you my dear..your disappointments surely are no match to your excitements...I relish that about you..blessings ms

The Patch Craft said...

Love your quilt, It's a shame the women was interested in more money, I hope it brings her happiness.

What a great husband going and getting you a new one.

Post a Comment