April 20, 2010

Playing with Scraps

I ran across this quilt today and it inspired me. So I got out my scarp bin (which consists of mostly leftover backing & binding fabrics). I also used strips cut from a pair of old capris.

This is what I got…

DSC_1011

I will add white sashing to make the blocks the same size. Aren’t they fun??? I can’t decide if I am going to stop here and make a mini quilt, or if I will dig out more scraps (other colors) and add to it to make a larger lap sized quilt. Maybe I will make this one a mini and then start blocks to make a larger quilt. These were really fun to make. I would also like to make a quilt with plus signs too. I think they would be even easier!

Photobucket

4 comments:

calicodaisy said...

That's great! As I made the red crosses for my one block over bee, I fell in love with the easy process. Last week I came across a lovely "manly" green geometric print and matched it up with some blue and have been creating cross squares thinking it will be a great guy quilt. So easy and so fast!

Crystal Hendrix said...

Oh it looks nice! I love scrap buster quilts! :D You hate to throw away the scraps but don't know what to do with them! This looks awesome! :D

AllieKatMom said...

Cool :)

amy and the bad cats said...

oh! these look so fun and easy!

Post a Comment