March 17, 2010

Out with Old, In with the New

I had a really great week, and Hubby spoiled me rotten. He called me Friday afternoon and told me to get everything out of my car and wash it…so I did. He came home about an hour later and said “get your keys”. We got in the car and he drove me to the Toyota house. I have been wanting a Toyota for several years now. I test drove a Venza and a Highlander and in the end went with the Highlander.
Hubby is an EXCELLENT negotiator when it comes to purchasing new cars (I always feel sorry for the car reps). He told the rep what he was willing to pay and when they came back and said there is NO WAY we can do that, hubby got our keys and walked out. Two hours later the rep called us and said if we would come up $500 on what we said we would pay then we had a deal. So I got a brand new 2010 fully loaded Highlander Limited for an incredible price on top of 0% financing :)
 DSC_0968 DSC_0969 DSC_0970 DSC_0971 DSC_0972
Then, as if that wasn’t enough, Sunday he went to Verizon to get himself a new phone (his broke) and he came home with a new one for me too. I have to say, when I got it I was a little overwhelmed, but now I LOVE MY NEW PHONE!
We got Motorola Droids. I swear they are just like mini laptop computers :)
image
We also had family here since Saturday…doesn’t get any better than that! Too bad they had to leave this morning. I already miss them and we are already planning trips to visit again :)
Hope everyone is enjoying their week, and if you are celebrating Spring Break I hope you are enjoying some sunshine!!
Photobucket

14 comments:

Kim B said...

OH FUN RENE! We just got a brand new 2010 Honda Pilot. It's so much fun!

Cindy said...

Now this is a beauty!! Did hubby get a BIG hug?

It's gorgeous!!! I think I can smell the "newness" over here...LOL

I have a Droid too...I LOVE it. Hubby got me mine this past December for my birthday..It's so awesome - I use mine ALOT, ALOT, ALOT !!!

And boy oh boy, was it a learning curve for me. A "Curve" that I don't mind having...LOL

Michelle said...

WOW! That is great! I'm so excited for you!

What a man!!!

amy and the bad cats said...

fantastic car, and a new phone, too! lucky!

Pat said...

Such a beautiful car, Rene. Your phone must be a gem too. It's nice that you had such a good time with your company and all. Great hubby, hon. How sweet.

Suburban Stitcher said...

fun!!!!

Crystal Hendrix said...

Congradulations!!! A nice new car and a phone!! Nice things in life!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

OH MY you must have been a really "good" girl this past year!!!! Love both of them for you--have fun with them--
hugs, Di

calicodaisy said...

Beautiful car! Nice ride.

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Can you say jealous???...A new car and an Iphone all in the same weekend! Congrats!

I love the Highlander! Great color choice! I can just breathe in the "new car" smell right now...:0)

have fun with your new ride.

CJ said...

Funny, when I saw the car's interior I could almost smell it too! Mmmmmmm. :D
Such a nice looking vehicle. It will probably even stay that nice clean color on your roads. ;)
The phone looks WAY too complicated for me! LOL.
Have fun with your new 'toys'.

AllieKatMom said...

Whooohoo, so jealous! I will be lucky if mine gets fixed! For now mine is fixed but my hubby's alternator is messed up on his now. I was thinking of taking a trip to get a new one, must resist the urge. Congrats on your new goodies :)

sunny said...

Wow, I want a hubby like yours! Enjoy the new toys.

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Congratulations Rene! I love getting new cars and new phones and family! You had the perfect weekend in my mind! :)

Post a Comment