October 6, 2008

Scarred for Life??

Ok, I am not a perfect person. I have many faults, but one fault in particular is my inability to remember where I park. I NEVER can remember EVER! This is so frustrating. I can go into a store for literally 2 minutes, come out, and wonder where in the world my car is? It has always been a source of entertainment for my family, and after I find the car I have to admit that I can laugh about it too. But one day that all changed. It was actually very traumatic. I do have to start by saying this was a particular rough period in my life about a year and a half ago. My husband and I were not getting along; my oldest son had all but quit caring about anything. He was failing EVERY single class he was taking and I was afraid that he was going to have to repeat the 7th grade (he didn't by the way, but he did have to take a class during summer school). Anyway, life was hitting me from every direction. On this particular May day, I made my way to Wally World to get a few things for dinner and to take a much needed break from home. I parked my car and knowing that I can't remember where I park, made note of where I was and the cars that were around me (hoping this would help when I came out of the store). So I go in and do my shopping, taking my sweet time, trying to relax (are you allowed to say relax and Wal-Mart in the same sentence?) I finished my shopping, bagged, and paid for my purchases. I didn't have too many things so instead of worrying about trying to put a cart away, I decided to just carry my few bags and case of DP. I walk out of the store and head to my car. When I got to my car, guess what...that's right, IT WAS GONE! I thought well maybe I am mistaken and I parked on the other row. I walked down the next row...and the next, and the next, and the next. I started panicking and the groceries were starting to get heavy. I dug out my keys and started pushing the panic button hoping to sound the alarm so I would know where the car was...NOTHING. So once again, I start down each row, one by one, pushing the panic button. My car was nowhere to be found. Now I am really starting to panic and the tears start to flow (I have been looking for the car for about 30 minutes or more now). I am not sure if the car has been stollen or if I have lost my mind! I knew right where the car should have been, after all I made sure to look and take note of where I parked! About this time (still walking and pushing that panic button & tears still flowing), The case of DP breaks and DP start rolling down the parking lot rows! People are starting to look at me really weird and I am embarrassed and thinking that I am on my way to the loony bin. I tried my best to pick up all the runaway cans of DP (Heaven knows I am going to need them now!) and decide to swallow my pride and call my husband to rescue me. I get him on the phone and tell him I can't find my car. He asks what do you mean? Do you think it was stolen? Between sobs, I was able to explain that I just didn't know. He told me to stay put and he would be there in a minute. My husband arrived and I got into the suburban and he asked me where I thought I had parked. I showed him and we drove up and down the rows...no car. Ok I am starting to gain my composure now. My husband asks me if I am sure I parked on this side of Wal-Mart. I told him YES, I NEVER park on the other side, EVER! Well after driving up and down the rows on the side I thought I parked on and before reporting the car stolen (which now I am secretly hoping that is what happened to save face) he decided to go to the other side. I almost died...At the completely opposite end of where I "thought" I had parked was my car, safe and sound, waiting for me to come out of the store and drive it home. I turned red, he laughed, and I jumped out of the suburban and drove home. All the while wondering how on earth my car got there because I KNOW I DID NOT PARK THERE! I just couldn't wrap my brain around it. I remembered parking the car on the other side of the parking lot. I truly thought I was going crazy. Every since that day I have a predestined row for every store that I go to. I will not vary it no matter what. I would walk a mile in a hailstorm if I had to, LOL. And I still think about that day every time I go to Wal-Mart!

1 comments:

JesusRulzMe said...

Hi there!

I saw that you used Mr. Linky on "A Wife's Biblical Submission" online-meme Bible Study. I didn't see a comment on the Study's blog, or a button for the study or post for the study on your blog, so I was wondering if you were joining the study?

I put all the participants on the Participants List as well as write a post so everyone can welcome you.

Please let me know if you're joining. I enjoy giving honor to the participants so, if you are not joining, I'm sorry, but, as I've noted on the Study, I'll have to remove your link as it is only for the use of the Study's Participants. And I must keep my word.

Naturally, you don't have to "sign up" for the study in order to read the lessons. :-) But you do have to be a participant in order to have the Participants privileges. I'm sure you understand. :-)

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you so much!

Bless you dear sister,
Sunny

Post a Comment