October 11, 2008

Faith and Purpose Statement

I beleive that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins and his spirit is in me, helping me live according to God's will each day. It is my ulumate goal in life to honor him in all I do. I was created by God with unique gifts, talents, and strengths. I am caring, flexible, sensitive, intelligent, accepting, easy going, and willing to compromise. I will look to God to help me use these qualities to bless my family and the people around me. I also realize that I have weaknesses and I will try to minimize or overcome them with God's help.

I believe that the Bible is the living word of God. I believe that everything in the Bible is true and relevent. I will base my life on the Bible, because I know it works. I will read the Bible, because in doing so God shows me how to apply it to my own life.

I hope to create a home for my family where everyone feels loved, accepted, and needed. I want all my family to be happy and to be emotionally healthy and centered in Christ. I want to create a bond that holds us together even when the kids have grown and started families of their own. I want our home to glorify the Lord. I know that all this is possible if I believe, work hard, and put my faith in God.

I will remember that...

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me--Philippians 4:13

We walk by faith, not by sight--2 Corinthians 5:7

And we know that in ALL things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.--Romans 8:28

God is faithful; He will never give you more than you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.--1 Corinthians 10:13

2 comments:

Willow said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I think we should all have a faith and purpose statement that we look at several times a day -- particularly those times when our days turn to ick and the enemy tries to lure us away.

Daniel's Mom said...

Wonderful thoughts! :) Love your blog!

Post a Comment