With this quilt. I just finished the quilting, trimmed it down to the size I wanted it, and it is ready for the binding…now if only the mail would get here with my binding fabric :)
I can not wait to bind and wash this one. I just LOVE it!
For the most part the spacing turned out pretty well. I did learn a few things during this project. If anyone decides to make a quilt like this, I HIGHLY suggest pinning it with safety pins in the middle and then gluing down the corners (gluing first). I didn’t do this at first and had to go back and glue down the corners. I was in a hurry and ended up stretching some of the squares. So it kind of got out of whack, but not enough for me to be bothered by it in the end.
It took a while to get the squares spaced. I made 1 inch spacers from the cardboard inserts from a Layer Cake and charm packs (worked really well too).
All in all this was a FUN project, one that I am sure I will do again :)
Oh and thanks to everyone who left comments on the spacing and the BRIGHT pink squares!